![]() |
| Source |
Lately,
there has been an uproar concerning a video called "Dear Fat People." Six whole minutes of a thin woman
discussing the existence (or rather lack thereof) of fat-shaming. Nicole Arbour
believes that the phenomenon of judging, bullying, and stereotyping people by
their weight does not exist. She doesn't know how wrong she is. Putting
negative content out into the ether can never end up well. In this case, she
was being considered for a choreographer position for a film, but was dismissed after the director of the body-positive
flick saw her commentary.
Stand against bullying. I don't care if they claim comments to be a joke, as the popular YouTuber did in her video above. The reality is, people are judged by their looks over everything else. We must work to change this, overshadow the preconceived notions by getting to know someone before assessing them.
Let's get something straight: There is absolutely nothing wrong with any body type. Sure, some that have resulted from eating disorders are unhealthy, but those are special circumstances. Whether you're round, thin, or anything in between, you are perfect. Loving one’s self is the first step to living with a healthy mindset.
Ending on a positive note: One of my favorite retaliation videos from the Nicole Arbour fiasco.

Thank you. I've always struggled with being the "fat" kid. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up I had always been friends with girls who are about half my size and call themselves fat, so I understand. Believe me.
DeleteGreat post I remember when I was the "fat kid" growing up, I just use it to my advantage with sports
ReplyDelete